Friday, January 7, 2011

Let's fast forward....to 2011


Well, it is now January, 2011!!! What a ride this has been. I guess it's called LIFE. To update you, I am now married to absolutely the most wonderful man a girl could have. Ernie is everything in a husband that I never knew possible. He is a dream come true and it was all in God's Hands!!
We are living north of Merkel in a new home. He pastors the little white church in Elm Valley and those folks are precious to us. Never dreamed that I would be a pastor's wife! God is so funny and He continually brings me out of my comfort zones!!
After the abuse didn't stop with Matt, after he killed my precious kitty, Jake, after abusing me in front of Melanie; I asked him to move out. We sought counseling from our pastor for awhile. I waited for God. I knew He was the only voice I needed to hear and He spoke. It was on a Saturday morning while I was laying in bed. It was just released. That's all but I knew because I was in constant relation with Him. On March 3, one day after my 38th birthday, I went to the courthouse (Mom, in tow) and was divorced. Again. The shame and sense of failure was certainly there. My family did not know what to say so nothing was said. Another time in my life my total reliance HAD to be on God and in God. He is always there - reach and you will find. He consistently tells me, "I am ALL you need" and I believe.
I never dreamed God would begin the healing process so quickly. When working the April walk to Emmaus with many friends, I got to know Ernie better. Something sparked and prayer happened and here we are. Well, there is alot in between but maybe that is whole other day's worth of writing.
For today, this is all. Just know that our God is Healer!!!!!!! Emotional, spiritual, physical, all of it; HE HEALS.

No comments:

Post a Comment