Monday, January 17, 2011

Finding my Niche, if you will....

Another week has started and I am finding more and more that I LOVE to speak about God and how He really is THE One and Only! When I talk to people about how He has brought me into a life of peace, it makes me so happy. I think I could literally talk for hours and hours about how He loves us enough to carry us through anything and everything....I am rambling....

So, this morning, as I was out in the cold, exercising, God gave me a revelation: why would I settle for something I, (emphasis on I) instead of waiting on what He has in store. I am not quite sure which area in life He means by that and frankly, He will reveal that on His time. Sometimes, I get wrapped up in the thinking "I hope _____ asks me to _____" and then giving that much more thought than I ought to give. This is a distraction from what God ultimately has in store for me. If He is guiding, why would I settle for what I want?
Crazy, isn't it? But, we often do that and turns out mediocre and not exactly what we expected or less than we thought it would be. This is that little rebellious, I want it done now, attitude that I tend to get. Lord, forgive me for attitudes that are not pleasing to you. Lord, take my heart and mold it to be a heart for YOU and help in all ways to acknowledge YOU in my circumstances and in my life. You are my Maker and you hold me in Your Hands. Thank You, Most Gracious Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment