Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Friendships are so special to me....

As I sit and ponder over the events of this last few years, I am overwhelmed with the wonderful people God has brought into my life. These people are different in so many ways, yet with the same spirit. They love the Lord, so uniquely, so passionately; yet, they all do it so differently and so beautifully. I am drawn to each one of them for such different reasons (so many are so different than I am) and that is what is so spectacular to me! We still share the same God, one in Spirit.
I have been taught so many valuable lessons (some simple; some complex) by each of these friends. I am forever grateful for the laughter, tears, meals, joy, passion, prayer, road trips, and so much more that we have shared on countless occasions. I can honestly sit day after day and laugh out loud to myself thinking about our times together and what we have shared.
The very interesting thing about these friendships that are so very dear to me is the fact that I had been so "relationship-challenged" for the biggest part of my life, BUT GOD.... Isn't it funny how He can literally turn your world upside-down and bring the best of the best into it?? I love how He does that often and I know 'I' could have never done any of it on my own. I am always reminded to ask God for anything and everything....I asked Him boldy to bring me good, true frineds, and He was and is certainly faithful. He will give you the best of what you need.
I have found that I am not afraid to ask God for anything and then trusting that He will bring me EXACTLY what I need. I trust it will be in His time and His way and I am good with that too. He has proven faithful over and over, especially in the friendships that I am forever grateful for. If you are reading this, it is likely you are one of those friends. I do not have to name any names; you know who you are and I hope I never give up telling you just how special you are to me. I love you, my cherished friends.

1 comment: