Wednesday, June 6, 2012

An overview of today...

Well, today...that is what we have right now. I am learning so many lessons through the disease of cancer and the face of physical death over the last year and a half but I have to say that God will work it to good because I believe and I love Him and I am called to His purpose.
Losing my brother last March was tough; we had a month in the hospital with him and I have witnessed many good things come from him walking into Eternity. Last week, his wife, mother of their 3 children, and my sister-in-law walked into Eternity and it is so much different; maybe the finality of them together? I can't exactly put a name to it or put a finger on it yet, but I can say it hurts. Memories of the two of them come and I smile then I cry. Shortened lives in my human view of things....I don't question God's sovereignty; I just mourn. I join many in grieving and many are joining me. I rejoice in knowing where they are and the majesty they are witnessing. I rejoice in the fact that cancer did NOT win; God does! I rejoice that there is no more pain in their bodies. I rejoice that they have 3 beautiful, intelligent children who all love the Lord. I rejoice in knowing that I will one day see them again and be joined as the great cloud of witnesses with them. I rejoice that I have wonderful friends and family who hold me up. BUT, I hurt. Plain and simple, I hurt. My heart feels ripped into pieces. Joy is not gone....just pain is mixed in. His joy is my strength and I am leaning heavily into that truth.
I really wish I had something different to write about today, but this is just the place I am in and I know God will see us through and He will heal our hurt. I know He is good and always will be. I know He has blessed me beyond words and I know that nothing can separate me from His love. I know that this suffering is short and has to be shared to also share in the glory of the Lord. I just hurt and hope if you are reading this, you will pray for me and my family.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing these beautiful words from your beautiful heart. You are right, even knowing God, knowing where our loved ones are and knowing the majesty they are witnessing ... it still hurts. I am so, so sorry that you and your family are having to go through this. Frank and I have you and your family in our prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete